Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Very Sad Day!!!!


Yesterday was really hard. We had to let go of a family member, Abby. She was our family dog, she was so much more than just a pet she was the best!! We love her and we are really going to miss her. She was 13 years old, Richard got her the summer of 1996. She was so good to us, I don't know that we will ever find another dog like her. She went everywhere with us, we are going to miss her this summer. She loved to camp, fish, hunt and play with the kids. We had to make the decision to have her put down as her health was failing, we didn't want her to suffer. The vet said that it was either her heart, liver ot maybe a tumor that was causeing her abdomen to fill with fluid, and that if we drained it off it would only come back. We didn't want to put her through that. That was the hardest decision ever!! It is so hard to go out and see the kennel empty and no Abby. It is comforting to know that she didn't have to suffer, but we are going to miss her so much!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sad! Abby was a great dog. I can't believe she was that old. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all going to miss the old girl. She was really the greatest dog ever. It makes me sad to think she is really gone but I know it was for the best. I think what really made it hit me is seeing the picture of Richard with her in your post. He really did love that dog, as we all did.Give the kids a hug from aunt Libby.

    ReplyDelete