Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finally An Answer

Wow, things have been so crazy at our house lately, I swear this building a house thing is nuts!
I need to post some more pics on my slide show ( down at the bottom of my blog) .


The new development for me is that I FINALLY figured out why I'm always to tired and just not feeling good. Since Christmas I've been seeing an Endrocrinologist for my thyroid that hasn't been right since I had Canyon. After testing and more testing, she discovered I have AGHD ( Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency)
Everyone needs grow hormone when they are kids right! Well it turns out that you need it when you an adult too! Well its pretty hard to explain and I won't bore you with the details, but its pretty important for me to have it. Turn out most people with AGHD don't need to be treated but I'm in the eighth percent that do, just my luck, huh. So I'll have to give myself a shot of growth hormone everyday, for forever I guess? Turns out this GH is pretty pricey and my insurance company, as with most, won't touch it! We've heard that it could be $5,000 and also heard its going to be $30,000 a year, we are hoping and praying for option #1! So as for now I am trying to find foundations to issue me a grant to pay for the medication. I can't believe that a drug can cost that much!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know what the problem is-- too bad it's not the cheapest diagnosis. :{ Good luck finding a foundation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog. The house looks awesome. i wish we would have had time to come by and see it. It was great seeing and talking with you. Hopefully we'll see in in a few weeks. Oh and I'm sorry to hear about Abby. The reunion won't be the same without her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You should add some pictures of your house, I don't get to gunnison to often, but my mom says it is coming along. Hope things are going well for you- karalee

    ReplyDelete